Landmark Creamery, a Wisconsin-based award winning artisan sheep cheese producer, is seeking a part time to full time licensed cheesemaker or cheesemaking assistant to assist with production and aging of our signature line of sheep and pasture grazed cow milk cheeses.
We’re seeking an individual who’s passionate about the craft of cheesemaking, with acute attention to detail. The ideal candidate would have experience making a variety of hard and soft cheeses, however we are open to training someone new to cheesemaking who has a strong desire to learn and grow with the real world challenges of a small company. Cheesemaker must have a Wisconsin cheesemaker’s license or commit to attaining a license within twelve months of hire. This is a salaried position, commensurate with experience.
Landmark Creamery is expanding this year, and our cheesemaker or cheesemaking assistant would have role in the development of a variety of new products and the opening of a brand new cheese and butter plant.
- Assist in the manufacturing tasks of making cheese, from milk in-take to packaging and order fulfillment.
- Knowledgeable in use of pasteurizer, cheesemaking equipment, pH meter, moisture analyzer and other technical equipment.
- Assist with managing cave inventory and cheese care.
- Follow and comply with good manufacturing, safety and quality assurance programs.
- Lead in the sanitation and clean up of the production and cave aging areas.
- Maintain the entire work area in a clean and sanitary condition and follow all safety practices.
- Observe and support all packaging rules and company policies.
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of all duties.
- Wisconsin Cheese Maker’s license or acquisition of license within 12 months of hire.
- Wisconsin pasteurizer’s license, or acquisition of license within 6 months of hire.
- Two years of production work preferred, but not required.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity, humble, making our customers feel comfortable and important.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work closely with others in respectful, cooperative manner.
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Strong attention to detail for accuracy in all facets of the position.
- Understanding of good manufacturing and food safety practices.
- Able to frequently lift/carry up to 50 lbs, and 80 lbs with assistance.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work with required sanitation chemicals.
- Ability to multi-task, especially during busy periods.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Send your resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com.