Sales & Retail Assistant - Cheesemonger
Landmark Creamery, a Wisconsin-based award winning artisan sheep cheese producer, is seeking a Sales & Retail Assistant to help us meet the growing demand for our signature line of cheeses.
The ideal candidate would have cheesemongering and/or food service experience and a passion for eating and talking about cheese!
Landmark Creamery is expanding this year, and our Sales & Retail Assistant would have a key role in designing tasting and sensory experiences for our customers, creating new menu options and store displays, coordinating special events, and even gaining hands-on cheesemaking and affinage experience, if interested.
Must have a valid drivers license. Must be available for Saturday and Sunday shifts. 20 to 40 hours per week. Salary $15-20/hr., commensurate with experience.
- Providing differentiated customer service by anticipating customer needs, demonstrating compassion and care in all interactions.
- Focusing on the customer by giving a warm and friendly greeting, maintaining eye contact and offering help locating additional items or recommendations, when needed.
- Accurately perform cashier duties - handling cash, checks and credit card transactions with precision while following company policies and procedures.
- Maintaining the sales floor by restocking shelves, checking in vendors, updating pricing information and completing inventory management tasks as directed by store manager.
- Monitoring and fulfilling online retail orders.
- Assisting the Sales & Marketing Director and Cheesemakers as needed, with cheese packaging and wholesale customer order fulfillment.
- Weekly to bi-monthly deliveries to wholesale and small retail accounts in Madison and Milwaukee.
- Prepping for and staffing our weekly farmer’s markets on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Cheesemongering at events, as needed.
- Previous experience in food service is desired but not a requirement.
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity, humble, making our customers feel comfortable and important.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work closely with others in respectful, cooperative manner.
- Highly organized and able to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Self-motivated and able to work with little supervision.
- Strong attention to detail for accuracy in all facets of the position.
- Understanding of good manufacturing and food safety practices.
- Able to frequently lift/carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to walk and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to work with required sanitation chemicals.
- Ability to multi-task, especially during busy periods.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays, as needed.
Send your resume, cover letter and three references to email@example.com.